Job Id: 170984
Resident Care Assistant Essential Functions
1. Resident Care Assistant work under the general supervision of an LPN or RN.
2. Perform in-room resident feeding and hydration (eating and drinking) according to SNSVH protocol to residents who have no complicated feeding problems. This includes initiating feeding techniques appropriate to individual resident; documentation of all food and liquids consumed; cleanup following feeding session.
3. Assist residents in their communication with their families via multiple media sources.
4. Provide appropriate and caring responses to resident requests and report accordingly to the LPN or RN.
5. Under the supervision of clinical team members observe and stay with residents at locations on the SNSVH campus such as patio time or other non-clinical support initiatives as requested by RN or LPN.
6. Follow SNSVH Infection Control mandates.
7. Resident Care Assistant are not permitted to perform other nursing or nursing related duties.
8. Resident Care Assistant must sign in and out during breaks.
9. Additional duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
All Resident Care Assistant must:
1. Complete and pass required TB physical and State and Federal background check as specified in NRS 449.123 within the prescribed timelines.
2. Complete COVID-19 testing with negative result.
3. Be vaccinated for COVID-19 to include the Bivalent Booster.
4. Complete and pass testing of training for 8 hour Feeding Assistance program.
5. Read speak and write English.